We are all in need of some peace of mind. With research showing that we consume almost 90x more information in terms of bits today than we did in 1940 and 4x more than we did less than twenty years ago. Not only are we maxing out time available to spend with information, we're creating so much information that it's impossible to keep up ( source: Loup)
We all know we need to disconnect from time to time, but it can be easier said than done when often our digital devices are our very source of income, or if our jobs require us to be online for long stretches of time.
We wanted to share with you our little hack that will encourage you to turn your phone off from time to time and with practice, perhaps even for the whole day!
1. Turn your phone off completely, and put it somewhere where you cannot reach for it easily, but is easy to remember like a cutlery drawer.
2. Take 3 deep breaths in and out feeling them from your feet up to the top of your head. Ground yourself.
3. Take your solid Idan oil and run under warm water or place in a bowl of warm water and enjoy the sensation of watching the oil turn from solid to liquid. Play around with it turn it upside down, inhale deeply. Focus on the moment
4. Once the oil is melted pour a small amount into hands and massage deeply into fingertips, cuticle beds and ankles, making circular motions.
5. Bring your hands cupped to your face and inhale the tuberose fragrance with three deep breaths. Allow the sedative qualities to slow you down
You are officially reset!
Try to extend the practice gradually to 20 mins, 30 mins, a full body massage, other activities you enjoy to encourage your brain to get used to time without your devices.If you liked this article, you may also like Stay Positive and Stress-Free with These Simple Tips and Bathscaping – where aesthetic meets purpose