Marketing and Social Media Assistant
We are LIHA Beauty. We are shifting beauty culture by empowering consumers with knowledge of raw ingredients and African beauty secrets. US Vogue described us as ‘bottling Africa’s best kept beauty secret'.
LIHA Beauty is looking for a Marketing and Social Media Assistant. The individual will be a creative all-rounder; outgoing - a problem solver who will be working closely with the founders and team to support the overall strategy.
As a tiny start-up, we are looking for a highly organised self- starter who is comfortable managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously. We have a pretty flexible, nurturing, and supportive working environment. We aim to help bring out the best in each individual and we expect the same from our employees.
This role requires a hard-working, proactive, and responsive individual with the ability to take direction well and self-manage. You must be excellent at time management, flexible, adaptive to change, and willing to take on constructive feedback. Have a strong knowledge of visual and wider popular culture generally but particularly related to the West African Diaspora is required for this role.
You must be a keen storyteller who is able to convey the house style, tone, and rich diverse cultural heritage of LIHA Beauty as well as create fun and topical content with the aim of sparking relevant, rich conversations within our community.
This role will be ever-evolving and developing, so if you have a passion for digital innovation and obsessed with all things beauty and wellness this may be the role for you!
Support Social Media strategy
- Navigating and monitoring current cultural and beauty trends, digital innovation as well as social media D2C landscape to inform our strategy and content creation.
- Work closely with the LIHA team to inform and develop continuous content and conversations within our community.
- Write first draft copy across all social platforms, effectively encompassing the LIHA tone of voice and adopting a style that resonates with our customers.
- Assisting in heading up all social channels and content platforms - scheduling and creating channel-specific content i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Blog, Mailchimp, etc. creating engaging and on-brand content for each.
- Executing LIHA’s digital strategy by working closely with founders and team to ensure marketing goals are met.
- Assisting in monitor all social metrics and sharing analytics; help provide commentary on failures, success, and learnings and help make strategic recommendations off the back of these metrics.
- Refining LIHA tone of voice and identity to grow our online community
- Help develop and maintain a strategic relationship with influencers and taste-makers with the aim of cultivating a lasting meaningful relationship
- Act as an ambassador for the brand, driving our brand mission and product offering within the influencer community
- Some experience with social media management/monitoring tools with an insights-driven mind-set.
- Knowledge of social media channel best practice, including monitoring and analysis.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative flair, eye for design, typography and layout
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, GIF creation, and other content creation apps.
- You have a well-rounded design experience across all social media channels.
- Pitching marketing campaigns and ideas to roll out across the web and social channels.
- Participate in website marketing content and maintenance.
- Some photography/ videography skills as well as experience creating interesting visuals and graphics.
- You have some experience working with creators, influencers, talent for content production
Please email '[email protected]' with Portfolio, CV and covering letter if you’re interested in this position. This role is to start ASAP!