Why Coconut Oil May Not Be the Best Choice for Your Face
Coconut oil has been touted as a miracle product for various beauty needs, including hair care and skin care. Idan oil, derived from coconut oil and tuberose flower, can indeed be nourishing and beneficial for the skin in certain ways. However, it may not be suitable for everyone's facial skincare routine, and it's important to understand why.
Here are a few reasons to avoid using coconut oil on your face:
- Comedogenic nature: Coconut oil is comedogenic, meaning it can clog pores and lead to breakouts and skin irritations.
- Disruption of pH balance on your face: Coconut oil can disrupt some peoples natural pH balance especially if you have sensitivities on your face, which may result in dryness, irritation, and other issues.
If you still wish to use coconut oil on your face, it is crucial to perform a patch test first. Apply a small amount to a small area of your skin and wait 24 hours to check for any signs of irritation. If no irritation occurs, you can consider using coconut oil on a larger area of your face.
Although we do not recommend using Idan oil on your face, it offers incredible skincare properties for your body, hair, and nails. Here's why it should be a staple in your beauty routine:
- Deeply moisturising: Idan oil, enriched with coconut oil, provides intense hydration without leaving a greasy residue. It works exceptionally well for dry and combination skin and has antibacterial properties.
- Skin elasticity promotion: The fatty acids in Idan oil maintain the skin's elasticity. Its vitamin A content stimulates collagen production, further enhancing skin elasticity.
- Hair and scalp nourishment: Idan oil serves as an excellent hair treatment, promoting growth, nourishing the scalp, and preventing dandruff. It eliminates scalp infections, restores natural oils, and safeguards against split ends and breakage.
- Nail softening and strengthening: Idan oil, containing vitamin E and fatty acids, nourishes cuticles, preventing dryness and cracking. Regular use enhances the overall appearance of nails, making them healthy and strong.
- Relaxing aroma: The subtle scent of tuberose in Idan oil helps to calm and relax the mind. Apply it to pulse points or add a few drops to a warm bath for a soothing experience.
Idan oil is a cult favorite from celebrities to tastemakers. Here are some of the most memorable:
“The best body oil I have found” – Melissa Odabash, Swimwear Designer
"LIHA beauty products smell amazing but also do wonders for your skin."- Zerina Akers, Stylist to Beyonce Knowles
Click to see FKA Twigs review on our Idan oil and how she uses it
Why not try our cult multipurpose oil for yourself - Click HERE