Social Media Content Creator
Permanent or Freelance role - 3 days week *minimum one-two days in office, remote working on other day(s)*
Location: High Wycombe/ West London
We are LIHA Beauty. We are shifting beauty culture by empowering consumers with knowledge of raw ingredients and African beauty secrets. We have been stocked in Liberty, Le Bon Marche and are now available on Net a Porter in 170 countries. US Vogue described us as ‘bottling Africa’s best kept beauty secret'.
LIHA Beauty is looking for a Social Media Content Creator. The individual will be a creative all-rounder; outgoing - a problem solver who will be working closely with the founders.
As a tiny start-up we are looking for highly organised self- starter who is comfortable managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously. We have a pretty flexible, nurturing and supportive working environment. We aim to help bring out the best in each individual and we expect the same from our employees.
This role requires a hard-working, proactive attitude with the ability to self-manage. You must be excellent at time management, flexible, adaptive to change and willing to take on constructive feedback. Have a strong knowledge of visual and wider popular culture generally but particularly related to the West African Diaspora is required for this role.
You must be a keen storyteller who is able to convey the house style, tone and rich diverse cultural heritage of LIHA Beauty as well as create fun and topical content with the aim of sparking relevant, rich conversations within our community.
We are looking for an experienced and savvy social media expert who is highly motivated and comfortable working in a scrappy start-up. If you have passion for digital innovation and obsessed with all things beauty and wellness this may be the role for you!
Support Social Media strategy
- Navigating and monitoring current cultural and beauty trends, digital innovation as well as social media D2C landscape to inform our strategy and content creation.
- Work closely with the LIHA team to inform and develop continuous content and conversations within our community.
- Write first draft copy across all social platforms, effectively encompassing the LIHA tone of voice and adopting a style that resonates with our customers.
- Capable of organising, budgeting and running photo shoots creating assets for use on all social platforms
- Head up all social channels and content platforms - scheduling and creating channel-specific content i.e. Facebook, Pinterest, Blog, Mailchimp etc. creating engaging and on-brand content for each.
- Executing LIHA’s digital strategy by working closely with founders and team to ensure marketing goals are met.
- Monitor all social metrics and sharing analytics; providing commentary on failures, success and learnings to founders/team and making strategic recommendations off the back of these metrics.
- Refining LIHA tone of voice and identity to grow our online community
- Assist in developing and managing influencer campaign strategy
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationship with influencers and taste-makers with the aim of cultivating lasting meaningful relationship
- Act as ambassador for the brand, driving our brand mission and product offering within the influencer community
- 2+ years of experience in content / social media marketing. Experience working with beauty or lifestyle brands whether in-house or within an agency
- Experience with social media management/monitoring tools with an insights-driven mind-set.
- Knowledge of social media channel best practice, including monitoring and analysis
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Creative flair, eye for design, typography and layout
- An entrepreneurial mindset with experience in running a content calendar as well social media campaigns
- Serve as the content / social media expert within the company, maintaining a cutting edge understanding of best practices, features, strategies and tactics
- You have in-depth knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, GIF creation, and other content creation apps.
- You have a well-rounded design experience across all social media channels
- Some photography/ videography skills as well as experience creating interesting visuals and graphics.
- You have experience working with creators, influencers, talent for content production
Please email '[email protected]' with CV and covering letter if you’re interested in this position.